Leader of Consumer Transformation practice, North America; McKinsey & Company
Kari is a leader of our Consumer Transformation practice in North America. Over her 25+ years with the Firm, she has served a range of consumer-facing clients on commercial topics including growth strategy, marketing, and sales. Kari has helped clients achieve significant performance improvement bringing to bear industry expertise and best practices in commercial excellence. Kari has worked extensively in North America, also serving clients in Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
Kari holds an M.B.A. from the University of Chicago. She earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Economics from Colorado College, cum laude. Ms. Alldredge lives in Minneapolis, and currently serves on the Minneapolis Institute of Art Board of Trustees.
Examples of her recent client experience include:
- Led enterprise strategy and operating model transformation for $10B+ food company working directly with the CEO, and senior leadership team to re-set the strategic direction, identifying new vectors for growth and realigning the operating model to deliver
- ‘Coach’ to Chief Customer Officer of ~$5B beverage company over the course of 2 year transformation, delivered $1B in bottom line profit improvement, identified growth initiatives, reorganized sales function, built revenue management capability
- Led commercial (BU, Sales, Innovation, Marketing Services) integration for recent $6B Consumer goods deal, including consolidation of integrated sales force and process 'wiring’ to address cultural differences
- Face of McKinsey in Industry-wide effort with Retail and CPG leaders to develop and launch a global data model to transform engagement for trading partners across the value chain directly engaged with key industry leaders to build business case, delivered recommendations to cross-industry Board of Governors, author of industry-wide publications, speaker at key forums
Senior Partner, London Office, McKinsey & Company
Jessica leads McKinsey & Company’s global consumer private equity service line and the UK and Ireland consumer practice. She has been based in London since 2010 and has previously worked in New Jersey and Washington, DC. Her client work focuses on public and private transactions spanning the deal spectrum from developing value creation thesis to making investment choices to driving strategic and operational performance improvement in operating companies and to managing the sale process. Jessica’s primary industry focus is consumer spanning retail, luxury, consumer goods, foodservice, and leisure.
Jessica’s recent Private Equity-related engagement experience includes the following:
Market scans, diligences and exit support:
- Conducted diligences on consumer assets in the following spaces: luxury apparel brands, luxury apparel retailers, apparel marketplaces, mainstream apparel, footwear, beauty indie brands, beauty retailers, snacks, ready meals, cereals, frozen, coffee, cold beverage, alcoholic beverages, new delivery models, catering, quick service restaurants, casual restaurants, fine dining, foodservice distribution, amusement parks, OTC, baby formula, dermatology
- Conducted exit support in vendor diligences
- Conducted market scans of the markets such as eyewear, beauty contract manufacturing, food delivery
Full potential transformations and other post-deal support:
- Helped a health and beauty specialist revamp its strategy and set its international growth plan
- Helped a luxury player set its growth plan and revamp its operating model
- Helped a global beauty retailer reset its strategy and turnaround its operations
- Assisted FMCG companies to dramatically reshape their cost base through zero based budgeting and product value engineering
- Helped a retailer generate rapid impact through a personalisation programme
- Transformed the sales and marketing operations of a quick service restaurant, focusing on pricing/promotion optimisation, menu board and in-store merchandising and local store marketing
- Led the pre-close merger planning of two major international retailers
- Assisted a retailer in resetting its performance aspiration, customer value proposition, retail strategy, multichannel strategy, new business development and cost reduction
Jessica received an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BA from Duke University.